google-site-verification=cQ3VqzoEktFt40uovlR5iyuXhmddmenveWmuF94LWZs

Monday 8 January 2018

Sunday Shopping on the Real High Street



Okay, I confess, usually I am an online clothes shopper, sat at home in my pj's and slippers or other comfortable clothing, browsing and clicking to my heart's delight. Yesterday however, I decided to venture out (yes, out out) to Golden Square shopping centre in Warrington, just a stone's throw away from my house if you're an incredible thrower, or a 30 minute drive if you're not!

As I'm not in the habit of shopping in store (don't worry I soon got the hang of it!) and I wasn't familiar with Golden Square I made a plan of action before leaving home.
I knew there were several shops I wanted to visit having looked at the Golden Square website.  I listed the pieces that I was looking for, and the shops that I wanted to visit. 




There were 4 shops on my shortlist - 

H&M, because who doesn't love a bit of H&M?
TopShop, to check out their denim and see if they had a teddy coat in stock that I had spotted a few days earlier.
TK Maxx, for no reason other than I love to have a rummage around on their rails, hoping for a designer bargain, 
Monsoon, for a camel coat and possibly some knitwear. 

Before beginning to shop I despatched my husband and two sons off to a cafe - there are loads of coffee shops and cafes to choose from here - including a rather delicious looking ice cream parlour and waffle shop.  Their choice was Tim Horton's who took care of them well ( very friendly staff apparently, as were all the staff here) while I shopped happily - alone and uninterrupted! Bliss.

First stop - H&M

Image result for picture of H&M store front










I then moved onto Topshop.  Sadly I didn't find the Lucy Teddy coat there but I did try this beauty on which is a wool blend, on sale for around £60.



 They also didn't disappoint with their range of denim - every style had a place on their shelves.


Plus these faux fur coats, also on sale, for £40 or less.  They reminded me of my black faux fur coat which I bought in TopShop Manchester many moons ago and which I still love to wear...

                                                       

On my way to the next shop on my list I stopped off at Kenji which has just recently opened at Golden Square..



It's full of home stuff and knick knacks, including their trademark Japanese dolls.


My next stop was TK Maxx

Image result for picture of TK Maxx store in golden square warrington

I found several fab pieces in there, but none came home with me..this time!





On the way to my final stop I popped into River Island for a quick browse - 


 Then onto my last stop, Monsoon.  They have some great pieces each season so it's always worth a browse particularly at sale time..







 I had a thorough browse and tried a few things on..all of which were heavily discounted.





So, was my visit to Golden Square, Warrington a success?  Yes!  I bought the camel Monsoon Coat!  You may have seen me wearing it over on Instagram stories and you will see more of it for a long time to come.  I'm looking forward to wearing it with my Boden grey cashmere hoodie and I may just purchase the H&M pale grey hoodie I tried on in H&M on my visit too.

 



Until next time Golden Square..




This post was in collaboration with goldensquareuk where I was filming for them for the day.  
All opinions and words in this post are however my own.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you! Please leave a comment/ask a question.